Social media is awesome! In case you didn’t already know this, I’m a huge fan of Twitter and Facebook. These are fabulous ways to get to know other like-minded people, no matter where they live. I’m not sure if I “met” Puffy P on either of these or through my art licensing blog but I know we are connected on many sites at this point. She’s got such a fun and positive attitude and her art makes me smile.
I thought I’d share one of her new projects – iPhone apps. I just got 101 funny papers for my iPhone – for only 99¢! The only downside is that I find myself spending lots of time looking at all the options and feeling rather indecisive – how do you choose just 2? I have decided to change the images like I change my outfit – one day I was feeling a bit out of sorts so I put the “I need therapy!” image on my phone. Another day, a bit irritable, so the target went on there but no one knew who I was aiming at!
Anyway – just thought I’d share some fun art and great prices. Here is the link to the Funny Wallpapers: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/101-funny-wallpapers/id385699633?mt=8
From there, you can see other cool apps she has as well. To learn more about Puffy P and her art, visit www.PuffyP.com
– Tara Reed
P.S. Follow me on Twitter.com/artistTaraReed
P.P.S. Join the Facebook page at Facebook.com/TaraReedDesigns
I’m really excited about tonight and wanted to share a new resource with you!
Last year I took a class, Teleseminar Secrets, and met some amazing people in the process. One of those people was Kelly Rudolph – always ready with a sunny smile and happy thought. She has turned her positive attitude into a website to help and inspire women to stay upbeat, positive and happy, in spite of all the negativity floating around.
Watch videos. Listen to audios. Connect with other positive women.
The site is a membership site and the big launch is tonight! I’m so amazed at everything she has done and put together – how thrilling to get to be a part of the launch! (I will also get to be a part of the site, we just have to set the time and format – so you’ll hear more about that later!)
The launch is at 5:30 pm PST / 8:30 pm EST tonight, Wednesday, January 27. Kelly has asked me to lead the “Tweet-Up” – meaning keeping the conversation going and connecting with everyone on Twitter during the launch. So if you decide to listen in and tweet at the same time, be sure to add #PWR to your tweets so I and all the other Positive Women can find you! (find me at www.Twitter.com/ArtistTaraReed)
I encourage you to take a look and see what this is all about and hope to see you tonight on Twitter because you know what? Positive Women really do ROCK!
– Tara Reed
FTC disclosure: I am an affiliate of this site and will receive a commission if you decide to join. That is not, however, the only reason I’m telling you about it – I believe in it and think you should decide if it will benefit you as well. Here’s to great things in 2010!
There’s a wave pulsing through the blogs of entrepreneurs called “7 Things You Don’t Know About Me.” Dana at Nine Tomatoes tagged me and six other bloggers to reveal our hidden secrets. In turn, we keep it alive by bringing in the next wave, and you can see how it grows exponentially. Why not, I thought, and came up with a list of obscure things that only a few people know about me. It’s odd, as an artist, to step out into the light this way. But there’s freedom in exposure! Try it…
- I hate getting chain letters and chain emails and usually don’t forward them. But I always worry, just a little, that it will bring me bad luck. I’ve been tagged for this 7 things a few times now and figured it was a sign, I best start writing.
- My first job was serving ice cream in a Dairy Queen. I can still do the swirl on the soft serve just right!
- I spent my junior year of high school in Tours, France. Mais oui! Je parle français!
- I was Glinda the Good Witch in a Girl Scout camp version of the “Wizard of Oz” growing up. They cast me because everyone was being very cliquish and mean to each other and the counselors said I was the only one smiling and being nice. Perhaps they should have had me sing before making that decision — it wasn’t pretty! 🙂
- I never thought I would be able to draw as well as my dad — he does cartoons. I’m glad I tried and found my own style or my life would be very different today.
- I once went to bed at 7 pm because I was told I had to eat a fig or go to bed, I was 12, I opted for bed.
- I drive a Honda Accord and it “fits” me… practical, dependable and comfortable.
Anything you want to reveal???
The next wave of little known facts can be learned from these 7 random people:
The rules are simple. Link to your original tagger and list these rules in your post. Simply share seven facts about yourself in the post. Tag seven people at the end of your post and let them know they’ve been tagged. And have fun!